[CentOS-devel] one more problem with this new kmod packages

Thu Jan 22 18:04:04 UTC 2009
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Farkas Levente wrote:
>
>> one more problem what i found with this new weak-updates kmod packages
>> that it can't updated ie. the previous version won't be delete with yum.
>> i don't know the reason but may be since it's provides kernel-modules
>> and yum don't update kernel* packages just install it. but imho in this
>> case it'd be better to update it.
>> any suggestions?
>
> Do you really need the previous versions to be deleted? Ophaned kernel
> modules don't use much space, and are harmless.

In years past I recall it was important to have the right libc. Can we
be sure old pg works with new libc? Where are the compatibility libraries?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait