[CentOS-devel] [Patch] request for add VIA VX800 storage support on CentOS 5.3

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Tue Jul 14 07:16:30 UTC 2009

BruceChang at via.com.tw napsal(a):
> Hello Karabir and Akemi: Thank you very much for your suggestion. I
> have filed in a request in CentOS bugs system. The ID is 0003733.
> BTW, please be advised that the patch for VX800 will be integrated in
> RHEL 5.4 since kernel 2.6.18-156.el5 with bugzilla ID of 504121. It
> will be much appreciated if CentOS can integrate more chipset support
> in additional to VX800 for potential customers' requirement.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards
> ================================================= Bruce C. Chang(張祖明)
>  VIA Technologies, Inc.

Bruce,
since is going to be included within the new version, it's already in
the upcoming kernel package, as you have written. Kernel 2.6.18-156.el5
et al are also available for testing purpose within my repos which are
build against Centos tree.
http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el5/hrb-kernel/stable/i386/repoview/
http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el5/hrb-kernel/stable/x86_64/repoview/

Regards,