[CentOS-devel] need some testing help

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jul 29 20:18:50 UTC 2009

The Bind update for EL4 was just announced, packages that fix the issues
( see https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-1179.html ) are available
for C4 at

http://dev.centos.org/~z00dax/c4-bind/

we dont normally release updates till the packages used for the build
are also available, however since this is a major issue - it would be
nice to get these updates out right away.

Keeping that in mind could someone test for :

a) install these packages, make sure they work for the basic stuff

b) update an existing bind install on C4 and make sure it does not break
anything

c) ensure that the deps for the actual binaries are met cleanly within
the existing CentOS-4 os + updates set.

As soon as we can get reasonable testing feedback here, we can push
these packages into the released updates pool.

Thanks