[CentOS-devel] Where can I help?

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:17:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Adam Miller<maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>    My name is Adam Miller and I'm currently a Fedora
> Packager/Developer and Ambassador, also a RHEL admin by $dayjob. I've
> come to a point to where I rely on CentOS for my VPSs hosted via
> Linode.com and would like to contribute back to CentOS where I am
> able. I was curious if there are any areas of CentOS that are
> currently in need of help/involvement?

Hello Adam,

There certainly are areas that can utilize help from experts like yourself. :)

For example, to provide support for CentOS users.  As you probably
know, there are 2 major support channels for CentOS, mailing lists and
forums.  While the main M/L channel has "thousands of experts"
(according to KB's statement last year), the CentOS forums can
definitely benefit from the knowledge and experience you can offer.
So, it would be great if you could participate and help out in the
CentOS forums.

Of course, regardless of which help venue, you would be getting to a
much bigger audience as far as "google is your friend" ( see
http://blog.toracat.org/2009/02/search-is-on-getting-help-for-centos/
).  :-)

Hope to see you in the forums.

Akemi