[CentOS-devel] Questions about the centos rebuild process / s390x related

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

sascha at spreitzer.name
Sat Jul 11 08:03:38 UTC 2009

Hello hackers,

i have been asked from some companies,

1. how long it would take to rebuild a centos from scratch if I would
have a whole CP (common processor) for it.

2. What the build process includes, meaning "steps to success"

3. whether the licenses force a maintainer to push the resulting
distribution upstream.

4. In which cases the maintainer is liable for the resulting
distribution rpms, binaries, etc...

It would be VERY helpful if I can clarify those questions. It might
spend us 1 CP.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer