[CentOS-devel] yum-3.2.8 for Centos 4 backport, part II.

David Hrbáč

hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Thu Jul 23 19:27:21 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh napsal(a):
> Just a question as to what you are shotting for here - given that
> CentOS-4 has yum-2.4, which is by far the best yum yet ( it actually
> does what it says on the tin ).  Might not be the fastest version, but
> at least it gets the depsolving right.

Well, 3.2.x is far better, faster, together with python-urlgrabber-3.1.0
the best one we have. Take it as a backport exercise if you like, I do
the same, and I have proven that both 3.2.8 and 3.2.19 are backportable
to python 2.3. I like sqlite repos so 3.2.x does. It has much better TUI
also.
David Hrbáč