[CentOS-devel] Building an automated rpm build system

Mon Jul 6 02:54:58 UTC 2009
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Christoph Maser wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 04.07.2009, 14:08 +0200 schrieb carlopmart:
>> Afer some reading in fedoraproject and your suggestions, I decided to
>> use mock. But one more question: can I use a pure x86_64 host to build
>> packages for i386 and x86_64 architectures with mock ( I don't have any
>> i386 package installed on this system)?? Somebody can show me some .cfg
>> examples??
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Yes you can use a 64bit host to build both 32 and 64bit packages with
> mock. Mock itself comes with some configs already. So have a look at
> those first.

I would expect to need relevant .386 packages installed though, to have
the right headers to compile with and libraries to link with.

If that isn't acceptable, a virtual 386 guest will work fine.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait