[CentOS-devel] sqlite in CentOS4 ... why?

Thu Jul 9 21:52:52 UTC 2009
Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org>

Adam,

----- "Adam Miller" <maxamillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm aware yum uses sqlite as a back end, but why exactly is yum
> offered in CentOS4 when its not a part of "upstream"?

Umm, because CentOS doesn't run a RHN type service that is compatible with RHN... and CentOS 4 came out long, long before RH released Spacewalk.  yum has been a part of CentOS 4 since the very beginning.

And before you ask... there are some additional packages that yum depends on that aren't in RHEL.  Other than that, it is pretty much stock... except for the addon repos offered that do have additional stuff not found in upstream.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street