[CentOS-devel] freeradius-2.1.3 spec

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Tue Jun 16 12:14:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 17:41 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> After I started a discussion over in the user's list about an updated
> freeradius package for CentOS 5, I decided to try my hand at submitting
> a spec file for freeradius-2.1.3.  It's based on the latest package from
> Fedora 10.

Well, it looks like Red Hat has realized the ancient version of
freeradius in RHEL 5 is mostly useless for new installs.  They're going
to release freeradius 2.1.6 as "freeradius2" for RHEL 5.  Details here:

Some more discussion about it:

This makes me happy.  I won't have to maintain my own package!

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux x86_64 GNU/Linux
08:05:10 up 23 days, 9:14, 3 users, load average: 1.60, 0.95, 0.50