[CentOS-devel] skge or sk98lin drivers with CentOS5 ?

Tue Jun 16 10:56:28 UTC 2009
Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com>

On 15/06/2009, James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com> wrote:
> I've just installed CentOS 5.3 on a workstation with an on-board
>  'Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet Controller'

What is the Vendor:Device ID pairing for that card?

>  Anaconda used the skge.ko module for the install (over NFS), but once
>  installed, it uses the sk98lin.ko driver
>
>  However, /etc/modprobe.conf has the line:
>
>  alias eth0 skge

If it is working, leave it alone. If you have issues, please check the
kmod-sk98lin package that is available from ELRepo (http://elrpo.org).

This topic is more appropriate for the general mailing list or the fora.

Alan.