[CentOS-devel] An introduction and a s390 effort

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sascha at spreitzer.name
Tue Mar 17 15:42:19 UTC 2009

Hello contributors and OSS friends,

(Who am I?)
My name is Sascha Thomas Spreitzer and I live in the eastern outback
of Munich in Bavaria Germany.
I am 23 years old and started with C and GNU Linux in the early age of 13.

(What am I doing?)
Most time I spend in the office fixing Unix dependant problems. Since
now at Germanys biggest stock broker "Baader Bank".
In future (starting first of April) ill design and realize AIX and
z/Linux environments for the government insurance sector.
If I'm not in the office, I go out with my girlfriend Lisa and we
enjoy the little time we have together.
I used to do traditional Shotokan Karate in JKA style. But stopped it
a year ago, because I had no time left to do it.
In holidays I try to gain progress with my software development skills.

(Why centos and what I'm up to?)
I had a chance to get a look at IBM's z/Series in the past and it
arouse my interest. Some years passed and now I have to face z/Linux
in my new position.
>From the skills I gained in the past and the skills i'll gain in
future, I want to contribute back to the community.

Since a decade I'm using OSS and I deeply esteem the freedom.
It's time for me to contribute.

PS.:
you can can IM me via IRC or Jabber:
irc.freenode.net: sspreitzer
Jabber: icefox at im.relinked.org

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer