[CentOS-devel] freeradius-2.1.3 spec

Niels de Vos niels.devos at wincor-nixdorf.com
Mon Mar 30 12:40:12 UTC 2009

Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>>> I'm not sure how this would be handled if the install was via yum.
>>> Would freeradius be installed first, thus avoiding the errors?
>>> Is there a way to indicate which package should be installed
>>> first?  Is
>>> it even worth it?
>> Yes, you can influence the order. I expect you have
>> 	Requires: freeradius
>> for freeradius-libs in the .spec. If you replace that by
>> 	PreReq: freeradius
>> the freeradius RPM will get installed before freeradius-libs.
>> You probably want to push this change upstream by creating a Bugzilla
>> entry for Fedora ;)
> This is not true for years. All requires are used for ordering,
> prereq and requires are handled identically.

Oh, sorry. My knowledge might be outdated... Still need to use
Fedora Core 4 for development and here it still works.

> All that adding prereq does is not ignore a dependency in a loop.
> If you have a loop, then you need to fix the loop, not pretend
> that PreReq: does anything useful.

Well, this mail wasn't about a loop. It's about ordering of packages
where <package>-libs depends on a %pre-scriptlet of <package>.

Can you tell us the correct solutions for this problem?