[CentOS-devel] RPM of BrOffice.org

Thiago Avelino

thiagoavelinoster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:05:09 UTC 2009

The question is this. exists, the body of registered trademarks and
patents, a company with the name openoffice. has only one image.
nothing more. This is why the open sun, in Brazil, was broffice

2009/3/25 Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org>:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 01:51:04PM +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>> Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

>> > Do you even know what patents are??
>> >
>> > Here's what you wrote:
>> > "here in Brazil we can not be using OpenOffice.org
>> > because of trademarks and patents"
>> >
>> > I want you to mention those patents that prevent OpenOffice.org from
>> > being used in Brazil but not BrOffice (or retract that part of the
>> > statement).
>> >
>> > Again: Patentes não são marcas registadas, é uma ferramenta legal
>> > completamente diferente com outras implicações. Se OpenOffice viola
>> > patentes no Brasil, como o BrOffice é um produto derivado também as
>> > violará.
>> >

>> It's not a matter of patents but of the name. "OpenOffice " is
>> registered over there .
>>

> Ah, but that's not what the first email said. I'm not opposed to
> including BrOffice in CentOS. I've mentioned, in my first reply, the
> current solution in use by Fedora.
>
> I've no say either way, I'm just an interested observer. :P
>
> Regards,
> Luciano Rocha
>
> --
> lfr
> 0/0

att.

Thiago Avelino
Programador | SysAdmin
Linux User: #484673
Asterisk User: #63483
Digium User: D1039273
São Paulo - SP / Brasil
www.avelino.us | www.centos-br.org

Linkedin | linkedin.com/in/thiagoavelinoster
Twitter | twitter.com/thiagoavelinost
JustinTV | justin.tv/thiagoavelino