[CentOS-devel] Program about installing Driver Disk on CentOS 5.2

Mon Mar 2 07:03:56 UTC 2009
Kevin Huang (黃凱文) <Kevin.Huang at rdc.com.tw>

Do any one can help me to solve the following question?

I write a PCI IDE driver. It can work on CentOS 5.2 by using command "insmod". (The devices on the system appear as /dev/sda and /dev/sdb ...)

Now i hope that it can work at installing CentOS 5.2.

I create a Driver Disk image by using the ddiskit. When Booting from CD, i type "linux dd" and load the image.

It load fail, then I try to find the installing log.

Finally, I get a message "disagrees about version of symbo struct_module".

There are some information on my system:

I use the CD CentOS 5.2 to install my sytem. kernel version 2.6.18-92.el5xen.

I write the PCI IDE Driver on this system and built it, then it can work on the system.

On the Installing process, the isolinux (CentOS 5.2) run at kernel version 2.6.18-92.el5

Sincerely Yours,

RDC Semiconductor Co., Ltd.