[CentOS-devel] CentOS-devel Digest, Vol 49, Issue 12

Tue Mar 17 09:30:46 UTC 2009
Michael Hall <mick at mjhall.org>

> > I've been struggling to install the httpd 2.2.8, php 5.2.6 and postgresql 8.2.9 RPMS in testing on a minimal CentOS 5.2 due to issues with libpq and apr-utils. I put these packages into a custom repo, assigned then to a custom group in comps.xml, and am working with kickstart.
> > Anyway, it appears apr-util is a dependency of httpd. apr-util in turn depends on libpq.so.4, provided by postgresql-libs.

> libpq.so.4 should be provided by
> postgresqlclient81-8.1.11-1.el5s2.x86_64.rpm in the same repository.

> > The postgresql-libs 8.2.9 package installs libpq.so.5, so things go belly up and won't install (no apr-utils, therefore no httpd, therefore no php).
> >
> > If however I install the compat-postgresql-libs package from http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.3/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/repoview/applications.databases.group.html,
> > installation of all packages proceeds. This package obviously reconciles the lippq.so.4/libpq.so.5 conflict.
> >
> > So maybe something like this package is needed in testing?

Except that I want to install PG 8.2.9 (from testing), which appears to install libpq.so.5

Do you mean that postgresqlclient81-8.1.11-1.el5s2.x86_64.rpm is similar to the compat-postgresql-libs RPM I mentioned above? Is it happy to install without dependency problems alongside PG 8.2.9?