[CentOS-devel] [PHP 5.2.6] Feedback / Centos Testing and CentOS Extras

John Thomas gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com
Wed May 6 19:39:18 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John Thomas wrote:
> > If possible, please consider including an rpm for Eaccelerator (
> > http://eaccelerator.net ).  I have found this application indispensable
> > for speeding up PHP applications.
>
> are you offering to maintain the package and keep it in sync with whats
> in rpmforge ? If so, well done!
Yes, I will do that.

I have never done such a thing, so if anybody would not mind mentoring
me, that'd be great.  I am a finance/real estate guy, with self taught
computer skills.  I have rebuilt rpms, but never fiddled with the spec
file.  I suspect Dag takes care of most of the brain damage.

Once I am comfortable and if I may, I may want to add more, like
http://pecl.php.net/package/uploadprogress .

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas