[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-qa] New drbd packages available for testing

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri May 15 13:15:10 UTC 2009

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Building now.
>
> Ok, tested and now ok.
> I've also seen your mail on the DRBD mailling-list and the Lars' answer
> about the testing request
> (http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2009-May/012019.html).
> So the question is : do we want to provide both 8.2.7 (as drbd82
> package) and 8.3.1 (as drbd83) ? It seems to me that drbd83 is 'just' an
> update to the 8.2.x branch (it could be named 8.2.10 in the Lars' answer)

Okay, did some tests on a heartbeat cluster.

At the moment I am running

[root at on3-temp1 ~]# head -1 /proc/drbd
version: 8.3.1 (api:88/proto:86-89)

on one side of the cluster,

[root at on3-temp2 mnt]# head -1 /proc/drbd
version: 8.0.16 (api:86/proto:86)

on the other side of the cluster withour problems (well, some advanced
setup options are turned off, as 8.0 does not know about them.

Upgrading through the three versions was painless, failovers also work
without problems between those two versions.

I haven't done any real stress tests, but the systems seem to work (I've
bzip2d and bunzip2d for about an hour on each on node and then upgraded
to the next drbd version, md5sums are still okay after that).

All tests on CentOS 5, I didn't have time for any tests on CentOS 4.

Ralph