[CentOS-devel] LiveCD development

Alan Bartlett

ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com
Fri May 1 19:19:04 UTC 2009

On 01/05/2009, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:

>  > So it becomes effectively useless for everyone with a netbook/laptop and
>  > needs wireless ? I cannot use the LiveCD unless I somehow transfer the
>  > firmware (or remake the LiveCD), you loose users, hurt the project.
>

> I am not sure if missing netbook support leads in loosing our audience.

Novice user: I'd like to see if a reliable, well respected Linux
kernel based OS runs on my laptop / notebook.

Venerable wizard: Obtain copies of the various LiveCDs that are
available and test.

Novice user: This works, that works, CentOS doesn't work ( ---> into
the trash it goes), Ubuntu works, . . .

Result: Another potential user lost.

Surely that didn't really need to be spelt out for you, Marcus?

Alan.