[CentOS-devel] Updates push / announcements automation

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed May 6 15:47:58 UTC 2009

As a part of the restructuring of the buildsystems and the updates
processing process, we are at a time where there is the option of also
redoing the way announcements are done.

I've already factored in RSS feeds per repo, but is there anything else
that could / should / would make sense in the actual emails that get
sent out ? I know changelog has been something that people have
mentioned in the past, is that still something that might be
good-to-have / must-have in the announcement emails ?

Also, for CentOS-4, only security updates are normally announced. What
do people feel about changing that so that all updates are announced,
including SA / BA / EA and CentOS specific bugfix's ?

Finally, and this is the big question that *will* impact a lot of people
and specially those with automation - what do people think about
combined update announcements for all Arch's in a single email like what
happens upstream ? C2.1/C3/C4 will be hard to get into this process
since the arch specific builders dont stay in sync, but for C5, with the
ia64/ppc and s390 now pretty much online with the i386 and x86_64 its
something that we *could* potentially target.