[CentOS-devel] LiveCD development

Fri May 1 18:23:11 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Marcus Moeller wrote:

> Concerning the Live-CD, I would suggest to offer a stable version that
> reflects the CentOS release with all dis-advantages it may have (not
> installable, e.g.)
>
> On the other hand we should make it easier for ppl to remaster the
> CentOS LiveCDs to allow creation of appliances and specialized
> LiveCDs.

Yes, that would be great.  I'd love to have a bootable CD that came up
running backuppc so I could use it and a USB-connected copy of my backup
archive to restore files immediately in a disaster scenario. I'm setting
up something in a vmware image now, but booting straight into it would
be even better.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com