[CentOS-devel] LiveCD development

Sat May 2 10:01:37 UTC 2009
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Scott Silva wrote:

> on 5-1-2009 12:19 PM Alan Bartlett spake the following:

>>> I am not sure if missing netbook support leads in loosing our audience.
>>
>> Result: Another potential user lost.
>>
>> Surely that didn't really need to be spelt out for you, Marcus?
>
> The opposite would also be true...
> Novice tries CentOS live CD and says "Wow, this works great. I want to install
> CentOS!". Several hours later as he DL's the CD's to install it ,"Now this
> piece of @#&% doesn't work". Also into the trash...

So you prefer someone whose hardware would work on CentOS not use CentOS
because he is under the impression that it does not work.

This eg. includes wireless. If they use the LiveCD, no wireless.

Seems counter-productive. And yes there is a good reason to run an
enterprise linux on a netbook or a laptop. Saying there are better
alternatives is a very personal statement.