[CentOS-devel] Red Hat IPA

Wed May 6 13:46:04 UTC 2009
Jean-Marc LIGER <jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr>

Tim Verhoeven a écrit :
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
>> Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>>
>>> CentOS 5.3 is now released and there is still no CDS validated packages.
>>>
>> Tim can probabally answer this question better, but iirc there was talk
>> of rebuilding and retesting using the openjdk now included in 5.3 rather
>> than the back ported openjdk that was used earlier.
>>

>>> So my question is, should we find soon CDS packages in the Extras/CentOSplus
>>> trees or should I better maintain my own FDS packages in our own
>>> Sirisplus tree.
>>>
>> If you are happy to help with the building / testing of the packages,
>> why not do it within the CentOS setup and share with everyone else :)
>> The exact mechanics on how this might be setup and run is something that
>> we can look at.
>>
>> Tim ?
>>

> I'm going to create the final build of CDS in the coming days. The
> current plan is to have these ready for a general release somewhere in
> the next week. So it is really soon know :-)
>
> Regards,
> Tim

One of the jobs I'm paid for is to maintain Upstream/CentOS packages for
our servers.
I've already built Fedora DS 1.2.0 packages for that purpose (latest
version, nothing
to deal with branding) that we use as a Replica.

But I'd rather use CentOS built quality process packages, and for that
reason and more,
your post sounds good for me ;-)

Anyway, my help is offered if you need so.

Jean-Marc