[CentOS-devel] [PHP 5.2.6] Feedback / Centos Testing and CentOS Extras

Wed May 6 15:41:58 UTC 2009
Jean-Marc LIGER <jean-marc.liger at siris.sorbonne.fr>

Karanbir Singh a écrit :
> Jean-Marc LIGER wrote:
>
>> We use our own set of php5 renamed packages which :
>> - doesn't conflict with others php packages
>> - try to follow both upstream and php.net
>> - provide a lot of usefull/less modules ;-)
>>
> That doesnt work very well on a larger scale. eg:

Did I say that ? No, I just said I could/want to help in the php process
:-)

> how do you provide a upgrade path from the distro php to the >someother< php,
We deal with yum install/update php5[-feature] and the
Provides/Obsoletes options.

> and how do you handle rpms for php-<feature> packages ?
All the php-<feature> are built with the same php5 rpm.

>  and how do they track what php version is being followed.

The php version is forced in the php-<feature> Requires options.

One thing I forgot, our php rpm is hardened with the suhosin patch.
You can look at the spec file here :
http://redhat.sorbonne.fr/CentOS-5/siris/SPECS/php5.spec

Jean-Marc