[CentOS-devel] LiveCD rebuild with persistence enabled

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Wed Nov 25 14:24:55 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/25/2009 07:57 AM, Ernesto Celis wrote:
>> No, the information for doing this is very clear in the LiveCD project page.
>
> Thats interesting, why then do we not turn this feature on for the
> regular livecd's we are doing for CentOS-5 ?

A month ago (October 28th to be exact), I posted to the centos-devel
list an announcement stating that the livecd-tools had been updated to
support the persistence feature. Maybe it passed under the radar...

The CentOS LiveCD project documentation has been updated and now
contains instructions on how to create a LiveUSB media with a persistent
overlay:
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/ImageFlash

--
Patrice