[CentOS-devel] LiveCD rebuild with persistence enabled

Ernesto Celis

celisdelafuente at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:57:57 UTC 2009

2009/11/25 Geerd-Dietger Hoffmann <ribalba at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Ernesto Celis
> <celisdelafuente at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I don't know if this is the right list to post this, if it's not plese
> feel
> > free to ponting me in the right direction.
> >
> > I was needing a LiveCD persistence capable to dum it into an external HDD
> > and be able to work outside office with the customers. So I rebuilt the
> i386
> > CentOS LiveCD to make it persistence capable.
> >
> > I also made a little modification to the livecd-iso-to-disk script, so it
> > creates the persistence file on an ext3 filesystem, since I have had bad
> > experiences running linux live distros over FAT.
> >
> > If this is of your interest, let me know.
>
> Do you want to share your information about doing this? Then the docs
> mailing list would be the correct place [1].

No, the information for doing this is very clear in the LiveCD project page.

I asked on IRC a few days ago if someone had rebuilt the LiveCD with
persistence and was willing to share it, and Karanbir asked me to tell him
if I was going to build my own.

That is why I'm posting here, I was lazy to see if he was loged in irc.

I didn't want to post this on the centos list, to avoid other users who may
wish the feature for a while, until I see if it is wise to let them (the
other users) know.

> Or are you having problems doing this?

No problem (until now), but thank you any way.

> Sorry I am not getting the problem? Possibly too early in the day so
> my brain is not up for it :)

A cup of coffee I suggest :)

> Cheers Didi

> --