[CentOS-devel] Red Hat IPA

Ian Wilson ian.m.wilson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 06:54:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Sean Brady <sbrady at gtfservices.com> wrote:
> I know that this was discussed back in May, but I am unclear on the status
> of IPA on CentOS.  Any word on this, or has this indeed been dropped due to
> lack of interest?

There's currently a set of IPA RPM's in the testing repository, and a
associated bug open to track the progress of testing (
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3880 ).

> “little interest to keep it going in its present form either upstream or
> downstream”

I know of quite a few upstream folks who use IPA just around the linux
folks that I know.  I can't tell you how the rest of the world is,
but, I know that I'd be dissapointed if IPA was shelved before 2.0 was
formally released (and they integrated some of the features of dogtag
into IPA).

Ian Wilson
ian.m.wilson at gmail.com
http://ianwilson.org || http://www.ians-blog.com

Solving site load issues with database replication is a lot like
solving your own personal problems with heroin -- at first, it sorta
works, but after a while things just get out of hand.