[CentOS-devel] Forum Issues

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Oct 23 01:12:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-23 at 00:28 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Well, with 95% of all unix problems you have the wrong access rights.
>
> The other 5% happen when your disk is full.
>
> Now guess.

Well, that's the general case, but for this particular case - as we had
access rights before and after - either somebody changed them, or the
disk was full.  For changes to access right the probable scenarios are
either A. somebody with administrative privileges messed up, or B. we
were hacked.

Given that nobody has confessed to A. and it seemed to be fixed too
quickly for B. I'm going to have to go for the 5% solution, despite not
understanding how that would produce the symptoms noted.

Phil