[CentOS-devel] Mock patch speeds up 'mock init' to 5 Seconds from cache (linked, rsync'd)

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Oct 28 10:27:35 UTC 2009

On 10/27/2009 11:20 PM, Brian Schueler wrote:
> but what about the big database it carries around?
> Maybe el6 will be "kojied" rather than "mocked". The
> koji infrastructure is too overweight for my little
> pieces.

At the moment, not in CentOS-6. The problem I have now is that quite a
lot of the buildsystem state and policy is static to the machines its
running on and plague is just a wrapper around the real scripts. It
would be trivial to use something like rabitmq and actually completely
lose the plague setup around the buildsystem. something that is very
much on the cards. Its just a case of working out who is going to do the
stuff and how and what the scope of something like this might be.

However, the base common denominator is still mock and I dont see that
changing in the near future. Also, while we still support and work with
CentOS-3, its quite nice to see us support it. Is there anything in
mock-0.9 that results in a build output that is different from the one
that mock-0.6.x is able to produce ?

- KB