[CentOS-devel] Red Hat IPA

Sun Oct 4 06:54:57 UTC 2009
Ian Wilson <ian.m.wilson at gmail.com>

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Sean Brady <sbrady at gtfservices.com> wrote:
> I know that this was discussed back in May, but I am unclear on the status
> of IPA on CentOS.  Any word on this, or has this indeed been dropped due to
> lack of interest?

There's currently a set of IPA RPM's in the testing repository, and a
associated bug open to track the progress of testing (
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3880 ).

> “little interest to keep it going in its present form either upstream or
> downstream”

I know of quite a few upstream folks who use IPA just around the linux
folks that I know.  I can't tell you how the rest of the world is,
but, I know that I'd be dissapointed if IPA was shelved before 2.0 was
formally released (and they integrated some of the features of dogtag
into IPA).

Ian

--
Ian Wilson
ian.m.wilson at gmail.com
http://ianwilson.org || http://www.ians-blog.com

Solving site load issues with database replication is a lot like
solving your own personal problems with heroin -- at first, it sorta
works, but after a while things just get out of hand.