[CentOS-devel] Mock patch speeds up 'mock init' to 5 Seconds from cache (linked, rsync'd)

Tue Oct 27 09:59:04 UTC 2009
Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>

Am Dienstag, den 27.10.2009, 01:24 +0100 schrieb Brian Schueler:
> Hi all,
>
> i've made a patch that extends mock-helper for the two new
> internal commands 'save' and 'restore' for use with the
> new added script /usr/libexec/mock-cache-copy that generates
> a root cache, which is linked against the root tree and which
> is copied statically.
> This takes the double harddisk space of the root tree
> (buildsys-build install) but hard disks are big enough today.

Cool thing, my idea was to use an lvm and snapshots, that could be even
faster but noone wants to code that it seems ;) Did you send your patch
upstream?

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach