[CentOS-devel] Apache ServerTokens says Red Hat

Peter Magnusson iocc at centos.lists.flashdance.cx
Thu Sep 3 08:14:51 UTC 2009

Hey.

I was quite annoyed by the fact that one of my fully updated CentOS 5.3
boxes said "Red Hat" instead of CentOS when listing an empty dir with
apache like this:  http://flashdance.cx/tmp/ (said CentOS before)
and http://www.flashdance.cx/tmp/ that said Red Hat.

Talked with some guys in #centos irc and alot of stuff was tested to see
why it differ.

Then I realized that the one that still said CentOS hasnt been restarted
since the box was rebooted, Jun16:

root      4747  0.0  0.1  17468  4836 ?        Ss   Jun16   0:01
/usr/sbin/httpd

thats why it still said CentOS! After restart of apache, it says Red Hat.

Now I dont have the previous httpd rpm file but I guess it happend with
httpd-2.2.3-22.el5.centos.2 that I have installed now, ServerTokens isnt
changed to CentOS in it.

It needs to be fixed :)