[CentOS-devel] CentOS Artwork - preview #2

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Tue Sep 8 07:19:00 UTC 2009

Dear Alain,

> In order to keep things simple, could we change the "one different
> artistic motif by major release" model to "the same artistic motif in
> all releases" ? With this, it would be easier to propagate artwork
> improvements to all distributions and the overall CentOS visual identity
> (as product) would be uniform and coherent.

I personally prefer separate artwork concepts for every major release
because these versions should distinguish from each other. Of course
we could still change an concept during a major life-cycle if it makes
sense (e.g. if in retrospective we realize that a concept is not
widely accepted.)

Best Regards
Marcus