[CentOS-devel] CentOS Plus: Valuable or wasted resource?

Ross Walker rswwalker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:24:32 UTC 2009

Is CentOS Plus really necessary?

The reason I ask is it seems it is there to provide additional kernel
modules not included in the base repo that could be added to 'extras'
as kmods.

Now I know there are some who would like to boot off of fireware
drives and such, but is it worth the development effort having a
separate kernel tree that, frankly is always behind, needs extra
resources to maintain and offers little over standalone kernel
modules?

The resources and time that go into maintaining CentOS Plus could go
into improving and maintaining the few add-on kernel modules and
keeping up with security and bug updates.

Let outside repos provide custom kernels.

Well that is my .02.

-Ross