[CentOS-devel] Package backports - 5.4 kernel

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Sep 15 20:00:11 UTC 2009

According to upstream release notes, there were API/ABI changes with OFED stuff.
 If userspace is not updated accordingly, it is very likely that there will be

There were several other things in the upstream release notes that I don't see
mentioned anywhere with this kernel release (examples: ext4dev, bonding+ipv6).
Are there plans to do this?  As the release is already syncing to mirrors, I
suspect the answer is "no".

I can't agree with this new policy, and I hope these comments demonstrate why.