[CentOS-devel] QA accessibility

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 14:41:11 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:
>> open and transparent QA process. I personally don't see any good
>> reason why QA access should not be granted to ppl willing to help out.
> My thoughts. I anticipate that an open QA process would:
>  	- generate bug reports to the main mailing list,
>  	(wrong place) causing reply firestorm of 'is FOO
>  	really broken' and all the echoes that make that list

I'd trade a lot of spurious noise on the mail list for extra chances to
find out that FOO really is broken when dropped in certain real-world
circumstances that may not be tested otherwise before being released to
places that don't want surprises.

> There are LOTS of reasons not to take on gratutious load --
> these are my top of mind obvious ones.  If people want to
> bleed, the NEED TO GO TO FEDORA so the changes flow back down
> in our future.
> We are an enterprise rebuild as the core product.  Nothing more

But you aren't _exactly_ the core product.  There might be a hint of the
difference in the latest kernel release but since only one person has
mentioned the problem it isn't quite clear what it is.

   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com