[CentOS-devel] Status of rhn packages in CentOS

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Sep 18 14:25:16 UTC 2009

Hi Siggi,

> On 09/18/2009 02:27 PM, Sigurdur Bjornsson wrote:
>> Are there any plans to include these packages in future releases?
>> It would be really good to have them as we could register CentOS
>> clients to Spacewalk without any problems. Currently a workaround
>> is needed.

On our setup, we have created a separate tools child-channel,
containing the following packages from the spacewalk repo:

rhn-setup rhn-check rhn-client-tools rhnlib rhnsd spacewalk-koan
rhncfg rhncfg-actions rhncfg-client rhncfg-management yum-rhn-plugin

These are fetched via lftp and pushed to the channel using rhnpush.

An option is to create repodata on it and use spacewalk-repo-sync instead.

Then you can activate the tools child-channel within kickstart profile
management (Operating System Sub Tab) which will be visible to the
client during kickstart process.

Best Regards
Marcus