[CentOS-devel] ipv6 in mirrorlist

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Sep 30 22:47:31 UTC 2009

hi,

So, running a natively ipv6 machine on CentOS comes with the problem
that there are no published ipv6 mirrors in our mirrorlist's - we know
about a few ipv6 mirrors, and it should be possible to extend our
testing stuff to cover them.

Whats the best way to handle this situation ? Am I the only one running
native ipv6 at the moment.... is there someway we can gauge what the
use-case-density for AAAA mirrorlist.centos.org is at the moment ?

should we do the dns record, vhost a static list if we must, of a few
ipv6's and see what the hit-rate is ?

- KB