[CentOS-devel] CentOS Artwork - preview #2

Tue Sep 1 21:36:35 UTC 2009
Alain Reguera Delgado <areguera at allmail.net>

Hi!

CentOS Artwork - preview #2 is here for you to evaluate and consider. It
is based on Modern motif and community suggestions:

http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Preview-2

In order to keep things simple, could we change the "one different
artistic motif by major release" model to "the same artistic motif in
all releases" ? With this, it would be easier to propagate artwork
improvements to all distributions and the overall CentOS visual identity
(as product) would be uniform and coherent.

There is an issue with 14 colors indexed images (Ex. that in grub
splash) and the CentOS symbol colors. When building these images, the
resulting colors in CentOS symbol is different from those in images with
no color limitation. I tried to crate a GIMP palette with the correct
CentOS Symbol colors, and apply it when indexing them but the final 14
colors image shows lot of noise when is loaded at boot time. Does anyone
knows how this could be fixed ?

Ralph: would you still want to have more anaconda slides ?

Best Regards,
al.

                          love email again