[CentOS-devel] Package backports - 5.4 kernel

Tue Sep 15 20:00:11 UTC 2009
Jason Parker <jparker at digium.com>

According to upstream release notes, there were API/ABI changes with OFED stuff.
 If userspace is not updated accordingly, it is very likely that there will be
breakage.

There were several other things in the upstream release notes that I don't see
mentioned anywhere with this kernel release (examples: ext4dev, bonding+ipv6).
Are there plans to do this?  As the release is already syncing to mirrors, I
suspect the answer is "no".

I can't agree with this new policy, and I hope these comments demonstrate why.