[CentOS-devel] Apache ServerTokens says Red Hat

Sat Sep 5 06:53:54 UTC 2009
Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>

Am Samstag, den 05.09.2009, 00:21 +0200 schrieb Robert Nichols:
> Peter Magnusson wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, RedShift wrote:
> >
> >> That problem has been long dealt with. Use HWADDR in ifcfg-* to
> >> statically bind physical interfaces.
> >
> > Tried that.
> > Didnt work.
>
> IIRC, HWADDR just prevents the link from coming up if it's bound to
> the wrong physical device.  The right way is a local udev rule to
> force the binding the way you want it.

Nope. The ifup script actually renames the device! All issuess brought
up so far sound like wrong configurations to me.

Chris

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach