[CentOS-devel] Package backports - 5.4 kernel

Wed Sep 23 17:02:44 UTC 2009
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:20:16AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> I trust CentOS won't follow the path of inflicting updates on users in
> that manner. Even automatically downloading changes should not be done
> without consent, user may have preferences as to time of day (bandwidth
> management) and repos used. Some might have local repos mirrored from
> official ones, I've certainly done that at times.

The sane default is for automatic updates to be enabled. If you are an
on-top-of-things admin who likes or needs greater specific control, you know
to disable them. Those users who aren't, however, get some level of
protection.