[CentOS-devel] centos support for Red Hat Enterprise MRG for RHEL-5

Thu Apr 15 16:33:03 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> On 03/24/2010 09:44 AM, Farkas Levente wrote:
>> hi,
>> is there any plan to support/rebuild packages from
>> "Red Hat Enterprise MRG for RHEL-5" for centos?

> There has been some interest, I dont see why we could'nt build the
> complete stack ( I use the amqp and qpid pkgs from there already ).

There is a new post today by a CentOS forum user [1] about the MRG
packages available from SL Cern Linux [2] that seem to work under
CentOS.  Not sure about the CentOS' plan but people who wish to
test/run MRG can give the SLC's packages a try.

Akemi

[1] http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=25810&forum=37
[2] http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/mrg/slc5X/x86_64/RPMS/repoview/