[CentOS-devel] wine 1.2 packages

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Aug 12 09:52:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Dag Wieers wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Janez Kosmrlj wrote:
>
>> I made wine 1.2 packages for centos. I would like to share them but i don't
>> have a public repository. Is there a place, where i could upload this
>> packages. Maybe someone else would need them too.
>>
>> The packages are built to my needs, so they don't have winetricks or desktop
>> integration, but they work.
>
> Hmm, I stopped doing wine (1.1.x) packages after it required newer
> versions of base packages which I couldn't satisfy. I guess this is no
> longer true.
>
> I will see if I can rebuild them for RPMforge again.

Ok, the details are:

checking for flex... flex
checking whether flex is recent enough... no
configure: error: Your flex version is too old. Please install flex version 2.5.33 or newer.

So I guess you build a newer version of flex in order to build a newer
version of wine, right ?

I have been playing with the idea myself to have a separate 'build'
repository in RPMforge that replaces a few of the 'older' buildtools. It
would allow us to rebuild some software without pulling new requirements
that replace base packages.

(flex and make come to mind, there were a few others)

It could be:

 	.rf.	rpmforge stable
 	.rfb.	rpmforge buildtools
 	.rft.	rpmforge testing