[CentOS-devel] handling ABRT

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Dec 2 01:56:48 UTC 2010

On 11/26/2010 07:41 PM, Stefan Held wrote:
> I have no clue why Mantis is preferred by the team,
> maybe someone could share the light.

As Ralph already pointed out - the reasons boiled down to limited
resources, and what we really wanted out of the issue tracker. Bz at the
time seemed very complex, neither Johnny nor I were very keen on
spending lots of time with perl + we wanted an easy way to interface the
issue tracker stuff with the website. Many years down the road, the
integration has not happened! But the much simpler schema and mysql
requirements behind mantis have come in handy when building reports and
integrating other tools.

Also worth noting is that we actually migrated FROM bugzilla to mantis,
the first instance that we setup on the split from caoslinux was bugzilla.

- KB