[CentOS-devel] Reality V/s Fantasy

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 04:57:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 22:02 -0600, Douglas McClendon wrote:

> Where/how would one submit a candidate package?  And continuing what I
> said above, it seems it would be better to submit some kind of
> standardized delta instead of a package.  Realize I do know how noob
> those questions sound.  And how passive-agressive that sounds.  I guess
> what is missing is the wiki walkthrough description of how
> brandstripping one example package goes.  And you've mentioned I think
> why you don't want to invest time in such a tutorial, though I suspect
> you've wasted more time discussing it with me already :)

You would file a bug report against that package here [1] under the
CentOS 6 Section.  You really do not need to upload the source rpm.  All
you need to do is file the report with what needs changing and where at
or along with the needed patch.  If the patch needs to be done in
specific order say so.  Maybe the spec file when also providing patches.

There are some sources I have looked at that really only Karanbir would
know what is need because they deal with internal centos
infrastructure.

John

[1] http://bugs.centos.org/my_view_page.php