[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 or 6

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Wed Dec 8 10:17:58 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 08.12.2010, 10:50 +0100 schrieb Filip Bartmann:
> I need to start my server in Janurary 2011, so I need to know
> when it's planned to release CentOS 6 to make decisiion if I use current CentOS 5
> or CentOS 6 on this server. Plan you release CentOS 6 to January 2011?

You could download a RHEL Test Version, install it, use it.
Then wait till Centos 6 comes out.

You would have to switch just 2 rpms from Centos and make a yum update.

If you are really that impatiant :)

Maybe we could help more if we knew what software is supposed to run on
this machine. If you install a jdk and tomcat there is no difference.

If you need a php system it would help waiting for Centos 6 cause the
5.1 Stack in 5.5 is outdated.

Another Tipp. This is the Devel list. The User list would be much more
propriate for such a discussion.

Greetings

--

Stefan Held                   VI has only 2 Modes:
obi unixkiste org             The first one is for beeping all the time,