[CentOS-devel] build errors with some RHEL6 packages

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri Dec 10 10:28:50 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 01:14 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/12/2010 10:42 AM, Sergio Rubio wrote:
>> Good morning everyone,
>> I'm having some problems rebuilding some RHEL6 packages from:
>> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6/en/source/SRPMS/
> First round of builds completed here with no issues.

this statement is rather strange after having a dozen of packages which
is well-known not build under mock #661775 #661784 #661804 #621089
#657567 etc. because of different missing BRs and other problems.
not to mention virt-top which depend on ocaml-camomile-data which is
neither on rhn nor on ftp site, so simple missing from rhel-6. #661783
ie. this src.rpm is impossible to build on rhel or centos without fedora
or epel packages.

so dare i ask what do you mean by "completed here with no issues" and
what packages used in your mock buildroot's yum base?