[CentOS-devel] Reality V/s Fantasy

Stephen John Smoogen

smooge at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 03:14:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 19:33, Douglas McClendon
<dmc.centos at filteredperception.org> wrote:

> so all you have in source control is srpms?
>
> are many of them 100% unmodified from upstream other than renaming the
> file (if that)?

Files are generally not renamed. What needs to be done is

a) Look through compiled items for trademarks in images and documents.
b) Look in source code to see where those images may be called or implanted.
c) all corner cases not covered by a or b

For a) it requires a source code change as a patch in the source RPM
as the trademark would still be distributed for b) it requires a patch
to say from

a href="redhat.png" -> a href="centos.png"

c) usually comes up as requiring a request to Karanbir of whether this
covers a problem or not.

To get an idea of what is changed in a release look at all the
.src.rpms in say CentOS-5 with .centos.src.rpm in them.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren