[CentOS-devel] CentOS 5 or 6

Douglas McClendon

dmc.centos at filteredperception.org
Thu Dec 9 03:40:03 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 04:17 AM, Stefan Held wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 08.12.2010, 10:50 +0100 schrieb Filip Bartmann:
>> I need to start my server in Janurary 2011, so I need to know
>> when it's planned to release CentOS 6 to make decisiion if I use current CentOS 5
>> or CentOS 6 on this server. Plan you release CentOS 6 to January 2011?
>
> You could download a RHEL Test Version, install it, use it.
> Then wait till Centos 6 comes out.

I also just discovered Scientific Linux's rolling 6 alpha.  Which
incidentally may be of vast help in CentOS's audit, as you can just look
at their public rolling alpha packages as a reasonable reference-
(seems to have a similar similar el6 vs sl6 filename convention for
packages with brand stripped)

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/

-dmc