[CentOS-devel] CentOS-6 repositories: *-devel, *-debuginfo, contrib-{unstable, testing, stable}

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 18:05:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Brian Schueler <brian.schueler at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I have seen there is only a subset of development
> libraries included on the upstream's el6 DVD.
>
> While packaging my additional software with mock
> I needed to put some distro SRPMs into my local SRPMs
> directory to get the *-devel pkgs. (But it would make
> no sense when the distro packages are updated.)
>
> Will be there all *-devel packages included in the
> CentOS-6 [base]/[update] repositories

Those -devel packages must be in the "Optional" channel (therefore not
on the DVD).

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/searchResults?col=redhat_kbase&topSearchForm=topSearchForm&language=en&quickSearch=%22Optional%22+channel.&searchButton.x=10&searchButton.y=7&searchButton=Search

(the first hit)

I would think they will be in CentOS because the SRPMS are available.

Akemi